The first paid hosting service i took is from bluehost.com on Aug 2010. It was a shared hosting plan, costing $4.99 per month. I was quite excited to have a cPanel to learn about it.
Later, after two years i upgraded to VPS package costing $29.97 per month. I had hosted around 5-7 domains there, most of which were for test purposes. From Dec 2012 to Dec 2020 (9 years), i kept using package, and renewed at a monthly basis manually.
In this 10 years of services, i have noted few things of them –
- Their server uptime is reliable.
- Their support sucks. Sometime i had to wait 30 minutes to chat with a person.
- It’s not a value for money. Specially CPU performance is not good.
- They don’t update their hosting dashboard. It’s the same UI they have comparing 10 years back when i login to
my.bluehost.com. It’s slow & very bad UI.
- They don’t care about existing customer.
- They don’t innovate.
- Still sends plain text mail.
- Server performance keeps decreasing over time.
In 2021, i decided to move my domains from there. As there is no other service i take from them, that actually ends our relationship.
Somehow I love them even though i wasn’t happy with their service. It’s a sentimental attachment like getting first thing in life. I wish they invest in their service improvement areas and reach to a new high.